STEng – BT

ST Engg unit wins 33m yuan waste transfer station deal

THE ST Engineering (ST Engg) group has won a tender worth about 33 million yuan (S$6.5 million) in Wuhan, China, for the designing, building and delivery of a waste transfer station in Donghu Newtech Zone.

The project commences immediately and is expected to be completed by the third quarter of next year. The contract was awarded to ST Environmental Services & Technologies Co Ltd (STE&T), a wholly owned subsidiary of STSE Engineering Services Pte Ltd (STSE).

Since its incorporation in July last year, STE&T which is located in Shanghai’s new Pudong area, has bagged contracts worth about $12 million in China, including this latest win. It seeks to tap into China’s growing demand for eco services and technology.

STSE, which specialises in providing turnkey environmental engineering solutions such as waste transfer technology and landfill management, is a wholly owned subsidiary of ST Marine, the marine arm of ST Engg.

Separately, ST Engg announced that its US company, Vision Technologies Kinetics Inc (VTK), has acquired an additional 10 per cent equity stake in US-based MAK Technologies Inc from one of the individual shareholders, John Morrison, who has left the management team of MAK.

The purchase consideration was US$215,297 and, with this purchase, MAK becomes a 90 per cent owned subsidiary of ST Engg. The remaining 10 per cent is owned by Warren Katz, the chief executive of MAK.

VTK is a subsidiary of Vision Technologies Systems Inc, the US headquarters of ST Engg.

MAK is a world leader in simulation software that links, simulates and visualises the virtual worlds in a networked synthetic environment. The company builds commercial off-the-shelf simulation tools and toolkits that are used in developing trainers and simulators, from sophisticated networked mission training simulators to desktop training simulations, according to ST Engg.

Leave a Reply